Here’s a guide from MIND…..
What is ecotherapy?
Ecotherapy is a formal type of therapeutic treatment which involves doing outdoor activities in nature. There isn’t one single definition of ecotherapy, but it’s often used to describe a regular, structured activity that:
- is led by trained professionals (sometimes therapists), who are there to support you
- focuses on doing an activity, rather than on your health
- takes place in a green environment
- is related to exploring and appreciating the natural world
- involves spending time with other people, although you can always choose to interact at your own pace.
Ecotherapy: an introduction
This short video introduces the main ideas behind ecotherapy, and explains how using nature and the outdoors can improve mental wellbeing: